Welcome to the Westbridge Teaching School Alliance
Westbridge is a National Teaching School led by Platt Bridge Community School, Wigan working in partnership with a variety of strategic Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Local Authority partners.
All our school and strategic partners have a proven track record of excellence in their own schools and excellence in supporting other schools.
Westbridge continues to help support and lead a sector led system of school improvement with a view to ensure that the children of Wigan, St Helen's and across the North of England receive a world class education. We will achieve this by:
- A collaborative approach to a self-sustaining school system based on honesty and our values of trust.
- The creation of a development pathway for teachers from pre-qualification to system leadership which will provide personalised CPD and learning opportunities to ensure a truly outstanding profession.
- To ensure that all pupils/students with whom we work are afforded the best possible opportunities and supported to achieve their full potential.
- A CPD offer for all school-based professionals based on collaborative learning and joint practice development.
- To provide specific opportunities, both individually and collectively, for leadership development within the alliance in order to create a sustainable approach to succession planning.
- To enable all staff to enjoy their chosen career in education..
Our overarching and principal aim is to promote and support School Improvement through The Teaching School Council’s ‘Big 3’.
We very much understand and appreciate the significance of strong collaboration in providing school to school support, sharing the best research and practice, and developing teaching and leadership capacity to improve educational provision across all education phases.
Westbridge Teaching School Alliance is always looking to collaborate with new schools and partners to help improve the quality of education for children across the north of England. Should you feel that you would like to join our Teaching School as an alliance partner or should you feel that we might be able to support you on your journey then please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 01942 487999 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you,
By working together, the future of education across the region is a bright one.
Chief Executive Officer | National Leader of Education | Executive Headteacher | Head of Teaching School
Westbridge Teaching School:
- Trains new teachers through its in-hour initial teacher training SCITT 'Kingsbridge'
- Supports school improvement
- Develops research that helps grow the profession.
- Develops new, middle and senior leaders to help support the next generation of leaders.
- Provides high quality continuous professional development.
- Supports groups of schools to access government funding on behalf of the system.
- Supporting excellent through school effective resource management.
We work with a range of schools across the region to achieve our aims.
Westbridge Teaching School Alliance aims to:
- Improve the quality and impact of leadership, teaching and learning within the schools we work with.
- Train the next generation of outstanding teachers through Kingsbridge teacher training.
- Lead peer to peer learning and professional development, including the designation and deployment of Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE's)
- Identify talent within schools and nurture leadership potential.
- Support schools in innovative research projects
Strategic Partners - September 2019 - August 2020
Blackpool Research School St Helen's Local Authority Wigan Local Authority
Westbridge Teaching School Alliance
Start Well Family Centres
Westbridge TSA & Kingsbridge SCITT | Newsletter | Dec 2019